In the Middle East, 184 new Coronavirus cases have been reported today in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman and Kuwait.
The Saudi health ministry announced 112 new cases on Thursday, pushing the total number of positive cases to 1,012 in the kingdom. A third death has also been reported.
In Lebanon, health officials said 35 more patients have been tested positive for Covid-19, brining the total number to 368.
The country will will begin an overnight shutdown from 7pm to 5am, with some exceptions to be announced later, as it steps up measures to combat coronavirus, the information minister, Manal Abdel Samad, said on Thursday, according to Al Arabia.
Bahrain announced 14 new Coronavirus cases, bringing the total number to 204.
Health officials in Oman said 10 new cases had been confirmed in the country, pushing the total to 109.
Five cases are linked with having close contact with people already confirmed to have Covid-19. Two cases are related to travel to Britain and three more are under investigation, the country’s health ministry said in a statement.
“With our commitment to health isolation and social distancing, we will ourselves, our families and our community from the spread of coronavirus,” Oman’s health ministry said in a statement.
Kuwait announced 13 new Coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, increasing the total number of infections to 208.
The new cases include two Kuwaiti nationals who traveled to Saudi Arabia, two who travelled to Egypt, and one who travelled to France, according to the Kuwaiti health ministry.