By Sato . April 15, 2019 . 9:45am
Here’s a look at an announcement trailer for Octopath Traveler’s PC version and more details from the Square Enix:[embedded content]
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play. Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers.
- Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete
- Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning 8 vast regions and discover each character’s full story as their journey unfolds
- Use each character’s distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles
- Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses
- Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
- Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world
Earlier last night Square Enix announced that the game is getting Simplified & Traditional Chinese language support, which is listed on the product page. The Switch version is expected to get it on June 7 as well.
Octopath Traveler is available on Nintendo Switch. Its prequel, Octopath Traveler: Conquerors of the Continent launches in Japan in 2019 for iOS and Android, and you can read more about it here.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.